Epiphany's Mantra

i thank You God for most this amazing day: for the leaping greenly spirits of trees and a blue true dream of sky; and for everything which is natural which is infinite which is yes
-e.e. cummings

8.29.2008

Dream within a Dream within a Dream...

HURUS
by Epiphany

He was young and handsome and I surmised from Iceland. But I knew better he was the man of my dreams literally. He was serious and strong. He willed me to understand his words but I didn’t, I couldn’t hear him clearly in my mind. I was too mesmerized by his stare. The gray in his eyes were almost like steel. I tried to look away but it was impossible, I was riveted and he was trying to tell me something. "Hurus?" I called and he faded. I woke up instantly, searching for his presence but he wasn’t there and I wasn’t in the barren landscape I am use to visiting him in.


The pyramid like structures, red sandy dirt, sky filled with stars illuminating the world without a sun....the ringed planet so close I felt like I could almost to touch it. There was no smell just openess. This dream within a dream puzzled me, his disappearance made me so very sad. I walked around seeking, feeling the coolness of the air, I was not ready for the reality of what was really happening. As I separated my conscientious mind from the scene before me, I floated away from my body. The glass dome that covered his world was shut, morning in my world was approaching and he, Hurus, had to take his leave. My body lay in the bed close by, sleeping, trying to find a way to get back to the planet that lay quietly under glass on the night stand, but to no avail. I woke up staring into the darkness of morning as my dream world faded into reality.
_______________________________
In Inifinitum,
Walking with Stars

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hurus sounds so beautiful, we all want the perfect person that sits under a glassand we pull them out when we need to hear something nice. Sounds like you travel a lot at night.

Keep dreaming!