Epiphany's Mantra

i thank You God for most this amazing day: for the leaping greenly spirits of trees and a blue true dream of sky; and for everything which is natural which is infinite which is yes
-e.e. cummings

10.25.2008

A PERSONAL ESSAY...

If I wrote my memoirs, it would probably be entitled “Late Bloomer: How I took the local train to my life.” Growing up I had a very structured life and getting a good education was paramount. After high school, I worked to support my family instead of going straight into college. When I finally pursued my degree, I studied a subject that was fun. In between, I threw caution to the wind, travelled, and enjoyed life and of course like most young people, made a few mistakes along the way, all while absorbing the world around me like Alice in Wonderland.

Then I grew up, got married, and started a family and bells started going off in my head. Where’s the security or the college fund for the kids? Retirement issues loomed heavily over my head threatening to leave me out in the cold if I was not careful. Self doubt and woe crept up behind me at the same time and suddenly I was there, at the proverbial fork in the road. What to do? Working with nice people in a stress free environment would not change the fact that I needed and wanted more from life. It just isn’t enough to have a good job; I had to step up to the plate in the great baseball game that is life and play ball with the big leaguers. But was I prepared enough? Then I thought who cares, who really cares?

I remembered reading a quote from Bob Moawad, motivational speaker and teacher. He said “the best day of your life is the one on which you decide your life is your own. No apologies or excuses. No one to lean on, rely on, or blame. The gift is yours - it is an amazing journey - and you alone are responsible for the quality of it. This is the day your life really begins.” I thought to myself, the gift is mine and it has been an amazing journey -- so far. But it was time to get a little more serious, I could blame no one but myself if I did not pursue the things I always wanted and I always wanted to write.

I searched for years, to find something that I knew, I would enjoy writing about.  This hobby or project should not take me away from my family nor interfere with my earning a living or cost a lot. It would allow me to freely pursue getting published. I knew, I’d found all the ingredients to this recipe when I came across blogging. It seemed like a gift from the Greek gods and I, a mere mortal would have the opportunity to clear up some unfinished business. I did not have to write about any one thing, but anything I wanted.

Currently, I blog whenever possible, and my passion for writing and communicating globally has been realized. My goals was simple, pen my thoughts that is built on the platform that is my life, publish my musings, inspire others, be a positive role model and increase my spiritual "self" worth.  So here I am - ready to go in my nice new car with a full tank of gas and a road map to my destination.  

Ciao for now,
A blogger for life.

No comments: