Epiphany's Mantra

i thank You God for most this amazing day: for the leaping greenly spirits of trees and a blue true dream of sky; and for everything which is natural which is infinite which is yes
-e.e. cummings

4.12.2009

MY Theory on My Twin Soul

By Epiphany


I am a Gemini! No surprise there since the name of this blog has twins in it... and yes sometimes I am a little obsessed with anything twin - ish. But lately it has been on my mind a lot.

It all started about a year ago when an intuitive lady I know said to me, I see you with three children. Well I already have one and couldn't see myself having another at all, so I laughed it off. Then as I walked the hallways where I worked, many people would randomly ask when I was having the twins. I smiled and called them crazy. Months later I found out that I was pregnant unexpectedly and thought to myself, oh no "the twin talk". My doctor confirmed many times over that I was carrying only one, so I thought this is the end of the twin talk; But no, eight months later, people still keep asking me about the twins, wishing it on me as if it was a normal occurrence. Twins run in my family but we have not had any in a while.


As I near my due date this June, my dreams have become more apocalyptic. I dream of major changes, death of what we know, giving birth, second comings, lots of white and red items, innocence, passion, death and mourning, weddings, singing, uplifting scenes and so on. They say when you are pregnant your dreams are either intuitive or crazy. Mine are both. But as I left my doctor's office this weekend, where he reassured me of my singleton and good progress, a theory came to mind. What if, the twin talk had to do with messages from beyond. I was once told that I had a twin in the womb who vanished. I am a Gemini and if my son is born around his due date, he will be a Gemini too. Sounds easy enough to comprehend but I took it even further, because as a Gemini, I could not just leave it there...so simply.


In researching, VTS or vanishing twin syndrome, I found that it happens more often than we know and without drama. It is one of those phenomenons where nature works it out without us asking. My theory or the epiphany (wink!) was that the baby I am having is due right before my birthday. I was born in June, the baby is due in June. I was born in a year ending with nine this year ends with a nine. Could it be that this baby is my twin long ago vanished to reappear and assist me in completing my journey here on earth. By the way VTS also happens to be my monogram or the initials I was given at birth and we plan on naming the baby Connor which misspelled could be the word connection, unfinished...now how's that's for spooky?

All my life, I have felt a void, a loss, a longing for the missing link. I have always known that I didn't quite fit into the mold that was given to me by my family, like there was something unfinished, but a twin on the return sounds crazy, even to open minded me. This could all be a great story, or it could very well be true. So if this young man that I am carrying shows up on my birthday, so many years after my own birth, my theory would be proven correct and I... will be complete.

Feel free to post your opinion or experience...Thanks!

1 comment:

by Ambrosia and Epiphany said...

Update.....Baby came early based on Doctors orders, but he still feels like my twin. Who knows, he may not share my birthdate, but as the golden boy in the family he is certainly charmed.