Epiphany's Mantra

i thank You God for most this amazing day: for the leaping greenly spirits of trees and a blue true dream of sky; and for everything which is natural which is infinite which is yes
-e.e. cummings

3.12.2010

Oh Daddy O

Life Wasted
by Epiphany

Somehow I miss my dad.
The one I never had.
A picture perfect in every way.
I got to meet for just one day.

He was critical and I sunk.
No only did he not like my hunk
He was not sorry nor was he glad
He life was nothing, it made me sad.

I wondered what it was like to be him
Tall, lanky and you know quite slim
Handsome physique and in face
Broad shoulders, high cheekbones, full of grace.

I love him and he loves me
what happened, a mystery
always his favorite, but not at all
I guess that's hard when you're not involved.

She kept him away, within white walls
for his own protection and for all
His suffering to end, lonely and cold
His life no picnic, and with his death cards fold.

I have been thinking of my Dad lately and seeing constant reminders to write about him. The words in my head refuse the keyboard. I start here.

No comments: